Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Living your dream

Our move to the Los Angeles area is realizing a dream we have had for years to live in southern California. I want to live there to be closer to the beach, where I can surf, kayak and just relax while reading a good book. The weather, food, diversity and awesome farmers markets are a bonus.

I look forward to so much. Yes, there are down sides. For instance, I constantly hear horror stories about the traffic and just getting from A to B. We will definitely have to get used to all that. But for us our dream will be coming true.

Life is short. I say many times that I was 28 and then one day I woke up and I was 49. Just like that.

Life is such a gift. Every day is precious, and not guaranteed.

Live your dream.

Take that cooking class.

Ask that man or woman on a date.

Organize that protest.

Take that trip.

Don't wait for tomorrow.

You are totally worth it!

Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making your dream happen! It's funny but sad how so many people come from different places and appreciate it better. I was born and raised here in Los Angeles, so the beach was always seen as something normal until I got a little older and realized that not everyone knows what a beach looks like. My favorite farmers markets are the ones in front of Central Library in downtown and also in Echo Park (Friday's only). Just a tip, the traffic gets really bad around lunch hour and 4-5 pm when many people are getting out of work. And don't get stuck in lanes where you can turn because you will stay stuck for at least two lights! If you don't need to turn, then just quickly move to the other lane. :) Hope you enjoy it here!

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! This is how I'm living my life right now and I feel so much happier and just excited by everything than I was when I was in Brighton full time. I'm so excited for you both! Living in California is a dream of mine too and I'm currently looking into ways to house / pet sit so that I can make it happen for a few months next year!

    ReplyDelete